The unexpected events of the last few months have necessitated some significant changes to our business model here, At the White House, in Skagway, Alaska.
- Most notably, we are not open at present. We will re-open when we are confident that our resident community is at low to no risk of infection and that our community can care for the traveling public in the event of illness.
- We are accepting reservations for folks that want to make them, but we are offering no promises. Cancellations are refundable less a 5% handling fee if we have at least seven days’ advance notice. BOOK ON LINE
- Breakfast is no longer being served. In-room coffee service is available. Skagway has a nice selection of restaurants which will greatly appreciate your support.
- In order to limit any potential exposure to our staff, laundry and housekeeping protocols have been changed to minimize crossing paths. When you check-in your room will have been thoroughly cleaned. Daily housekeeping is no longer available.
- Saddest of all, the cookie jar has been eliminated. You will find a treat in your room, however.
For the duration, we will abide by all Travel Restrictions and Health Mandates issued by the State of Alaska. You can see those here for the state: https://covid19.alaska.gov/health-mandates/ COVID 19 information for the Municipality of Skagway can be found here: https://www.skagway.org/administration/page/coronavirus-covid-19-information-page
John & Jan Tronrud and Dustin & Chelsey Stone