- At the White House Inn has 9 guests’ rooms. Two larger rooms are on the ground floor – the remaining seven rooms are all upstairs. Please note that this is a historic building (built in 1902) and we do not have an elevator. We are happy to help with getting luggage up and down the stairs. Please don’t hesitate to ask.
- For the comfort of all of our guests each room has a private bathroom, small refrigerator, small Keurig coffee/tea maker with all the fixings, limited cable TV, a ceiling fan for those few hot days and complementary wireless internet. Prior to guest arrival, your room will have been thoroughly cleaned and sanitized. At this time, further housekeeping will only be done upon check-out. Fresh linens/towels, extra coffee/tea supplies and garbage services are available upon request. We do not have a public restroom.
- It is our policy that at least one person in each room must be at least 18 years old. This is a non-smoking facility. We do not accept pets (pet-friendly accommodations in town are very limited but we are happy to make recommendations).
- We do not serve breakfast. In the summer, there are several restaurants in town that are open and we are more than happy to point you in the right direction. There is a small refrigerator in each room and a microwave and toaster in the parlor for guest use.
- As a very small operation, we do not have a shuttle of our own and are not licensed to transport guests. Guests are responsible for their own transportation. There is no taxi or Uber service in Skagway. There is a City Shuttle called Skagway Shuttle Services –They operate from 8am-1:00am, daily. Their phone number is (907)612-0902. Early transportation (before 8am) to/from the Alaska Fjordline, Airport or Alaska Marine Highway Ferry Terminal can be arranged by scheduling with them in advance.
** We are located on the SE corner of 8th Avenue and Main Street [407 8th Avenue].
Do not use GPS to find our street address, it will take you to the wrong location. Skagway didn’t have street addresses until recently and GPS still doesn’t match up correctly. Gotta love small town Alaska!**
- There are two car rental services in town in the summer: Affordable Car Rental – (907)983-2277 or DIY Jeep Tour/Avis – (907) 983-3512.
- Skagway is very safe and very walkable (weather/luggage depending): Alaska Seaplanes (Airport) is about ¼ mile from us – about a 15-minute walk to us; Alaska Marine Highway Ferry Terminal is about ½ mile from us – about a 20-minute walk to us; Alaska Fjordline is about a ½ mile from us – about a 20-minute walk to us.
***Please note that because we are a historic home the building is not sound proof. For the courtesy of our sleeping guests, we do not accept check-ins before 10AM or after 11PM. Rooms are typically ready for new arrivals after 3:30pm. However, we are more than happy to have guests drop off luggage any time AFTER 10AM – keeping in mind that we do not have a public restroom. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask***
Original woodwork and the 100+ year old staircase, along with many family antiques, adorn the foyer.
Expedia (click link for more)
Quiet and beautiful, just around the corner from everything you need. Very friendly staff! Clean & charming!
Google (click link for more)
The perfect place to stay if you are visiting Skagway. The rooms are clean and spacious, the staff is friendly and helpful, the atmosphere is wonderful and the location is perfect for all your Alaskan adventures in this magical little town. I highly recommend At the White House Inn. Our Alaskan getaway would not have been the same if we stayed somewhere else!!!
Beautiful hotel situated in quieter part of town. Everything was first class! The owners/hosts were so welcoming and friendly! They were knowledgeable of the attractions in Skagway and gave us good information. We only spent a night, but we’d gladly return and spend more time there.