The unexpected events of the last few months have necessitated some significant changes to our business model here, At the White House, in Skagway, Alaska.
- Most notably, we are not open at present. We will re-open when we are confident that our resident community is at low to no risk of infection and that our community can care for the traveling public in the event of illness.
- We are accepting reservations for folks that want to make them, but we are offering no promises. Cancellations are refundable less a 5% handling fee if we have at least seven days’ advance notice.
- Breakfast is no longer being served. In-room coffee service is available. Skagway has a nice selection of restaurants which will greatly appreciate your support.
- In order to limit any potential exposure to our staff, laundry and housekeeping protocols have been changed to minimize crossing paths. When you check-in your room will have been thoroughly cleaned. Daily housekeeping is no longer available.
- Saddest of all, the cookie jar has been eliminated. You will find a treat in your room, however.
For the duration, we will abide by all Travel Restrictions and Health Mandates issued by the State of Alaska. You can see those here for the state: https://covid19.alaska.gov/health-mandates/ COVID 19 information for the Municipality of Skagway can be found here: https://www.skagway.org/administration/page/coronavirus-covid-19-information-page
Original woodwork and the 100+ year old staircase, along with many family antiques, adorn the foyer.
Adjacent to the grand entry you’ll find the parlor, where you can enjoy a TV/VCR, a large stock of videos, informative books and a variety of games.
Most businesses and visitor sites are easy walking distance. The City operates a shuttle that runs throughout town from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm, for a small fee. There is no taxi service.
Facebook (click link for more)
Awesome place to stay. You feel at home here! I’d recommend this place any day.
Google (click link for more)
I visit Skagway monthly on business and decided to stay here. A good decision! Very nice establishment. Quiet and clean. The staff is very friendly. The view from my room was amazing!
This place was awesome to stay in Skagway. Very cute and comfortable. Nice picnic tables to have a beer with a view. Walking distance to everything in town. Great beds and bathrooms. The breakfast was nice with fresh made muffins. Great staff!